Sunday, July 5, 2009

In the spring we helped at the World Dutch Oven cook off. It was a really neat experience to be there. And Mark & I decided that we wanted to cook it that next March 2010. So, I decided that we where going to get a life doing something together....it seems I go one way and Mark goes the other way with our Church callings. So, we needed fun things to do together. I started signing us up for every Dutch Oven event or cook off that I heard about. We have really enjoyed doing this together. And we have learned a ton.
This is the West Jordan cook off for July 3, 2009. There was 8 teams, and when we got there and saw the people that was cooking, I thought...this will just be a very good experience. Jesse, Gwyn, Jeramiah, DeNell, Sam & Megan all came to support us there. We acually took 1st place at this cook off. I was never so shocked in my life! That was a $200 cash prize, they will also pay the entrance fee for the World cook off. And then we got a Wok to use on the grill for a door prize. That was awsome.
We cooked, BBQ baby back ribs, German Chocolate cake, Buttermilk dinner rolls. They said that none of our dishes took a 1st place, but that we where consistant with our dishes. That they all scored really good. Just way exciting that we won our 1st cooking contest, that would qualify us to cook at the World Dutch Oven cook off in March of 2010.

Getting set up. We had lots of table space to use.

We have started cooking! Looks like I am shaping the rolls and putting them in the pan to rise.

Mark is making the coconut frosting for the German Chocolate cake. It turned out really good!

All the cute kids that came to support us! Sam, Megan, Gwyn & Jeramiah. They all got their faces painted.


Cute little Gwyn!

Your ruff and tuff little boy. Jeramiah.

The cake we made. The flavor was really good...the chocolate frosting we can still work on it a little bit. It was a bit to thin. I was worried about getting the frosting to thick and it tearing the cake up, when I frosted it.

The flavor on these was really good, but can you see the roll, that was not round?

BBQ Baby back ribs, these turned out really good. The judges ate most of them. I sort of forgot about getting extra's for the presentation. But, you do what you can, with what you have.

Pictures of us after we won. It was so wonderful to have Jesse & his kids there support us all day long. I hope they had as much fun as we did!

No comments: