Sunday, August 23, 2009

Teresa - August 1, 2009

This is a hard one for me to write about. On Saturday morning and all through the day (I was in Idaho) I kept thinking that needed to get home, I kept feeling an urgency to get home. I kept calling Mark to make sure that everything was ok. And he kept telling me that everything was fine. Until I called at 7:00 that evening when we were leaving Idaho to come home. He told me that "Teresa didn't make it this time." I am thinking, what do you mean that she didn't make it? She had passed away earlier that afternoon. I am thinking that it must have been about the time that I was feeling so sick for no reason.

Susan drove as fast as she could to get us home safe and sound. Then she was going to drive my car home for me, and then drive her mom & dad back. But, the weirdest thing happened to my car. I pulled it out of the garage, turned it off and went in the house for a sec, came out and the car would not start. We pushed it out of the driveway and got Susan's car out, and she drove me home in her car. We decided that there must be a reason why we were not supposed to drive my car. For the life of me, I still haven't decided what it is. Cuz, in a few days, she started my car right up, and it has run just fine since then.

Everyone was gone from the house by the time I got home. They had the funeral planned, and they wanted me to talk. I would give everyone's talk for them. (Since they said that I was so strong, I could do that.) I think they have more faith in me than I do. But, they where counting on me to be strong. I can do that. I loved Teresa so much! I still have a hard time believing that it is true. I look at her picture, and think...you where such a good person. She made some bad choices in her life...but, then we all have done that too. She had 2 beautiful daughters and the cutest little grandson. They were the light of her life. She will be greatly missed by all her family and friends. Tersa was a beautiful person. We will all miss her a great deal!

This is what her girls wrote for the obituary.
Our beloved Mom, grandma, daughter, sister and friend was suddenly taken from us on August 1, 2009.

She was such a loving and giving person, and was known as “T” by many of her friends. Her hugs changed the world and she was loved by all. Teresa had a big heart and brought peace to everyone around her. Her advice and beautiful face will be greatly missed. She loved to spend time with her daughters and grandson, and they were the light of her life.

Teresa and Kerry Graser were married on July 4, 1989, but were later divorced.

She is survived by her two beautiful daughters, Sarah (Tyler) Ormond, Nicole Graser, and grandson, Gage Ormond, her mother, Jean Renner, brothers and sisters; Ken (Patty) Saxton, Cindy (Mark) Romrell, Alan (Amy) Saxton, Kyle (Becky) Saxton, and Sheri (Shannon) Johnson and many nieces and nephews. She is also survived by her devoted friend and companion, John L. Rawlings. She was preceded in death by her father, James Saxton, stepfather, Chuck Renner, nephew, Chris Johnson and her grandparents.

The viewing will be held on Tuesday, August 4, from 6 to 8 pm and one hour prior to the funeral on Wednesday, preceding the funeral, held at noon, at Jenkins-Soffe, 4760 South State Street. Interment will be at Redwood Memorial Estates.

1 comment:

Julia Callahan said...

Your sister is beautiful! I never knew her, I'm sure she is as great as you describe. I'm so sorry.
I'm thankful for memories that we can keep with us.