Friday, April 10, 2009

One year later...

Who would have ever thought it would take me almost a year to post again. Life has just gotten away with me lately.And here we are preparing the garden again for this years planting. Our new Stake President has challenged everyone in the Stake to plant a garden this year and then we are going to have a 'Stake Fair' in September to show of the produce or crafts that have been made during the year. We had planned to do a garden anyways, but the challenge has made it more fun. And we are going to try and document it a little better this year.



I have to tell you the funny things that have happened while preparing the garden soil. I guess it was in late February that we decided to get a load of horse poop for the garden, there was a place in South Jordan that you could get a load for free. We got our load and was shoveling it into the garden, and Mark was moving the truck along the fence...then the truck would not start. There I was standing in the back of the truck full of horse poop, and the truck would not start. I stated to giggle, and could not stop. Just think about it, there you are with a truck loat of poop and the truck would not start. (Mark didn't think it was funny at all!) Lucky for us, Scott was in town that weekend, and he helped move the truck along and finished shoveling the poop out of the truck. Then my brother towed the truck around to the front of the house. (So, it could wait for a couple of weeks until we could save enough money to get it fixed 1 more time.)

A few days later Jesse came over and tilled it in for us. And told me that was not the best stuff to put in the garden. He was going to get us some cow poop. And he did...lucky for me...I was gone when it came, so him and Mark unloaded that one.
And then here we are plowing the gardens getting them ready to plant so as soon as it get warms enough we can plant.

No comments: