Sunday, February 28, 2010

New front room!

Our TV went out a couple of weeks ago...well it has been on its last leg for a long time. And we decided that when it went out, we would get a flat screen TV in its place. I was hoping that it would have lasted a little while longer. But, this TV is really old...it did last a long time.
I told Mark that the front room had to painted and the carpets scrubbed before the TV arrived. We got it all done, and was ready for the TV when it arrived on Friday. It was cool to watch the Olympics on the big screen. I can hardly wait for the sports to come on. (Not really) I guess I will find something else to do then. Like scrapbooking for sewing, now that sounds like fun. Or working on Family History stuff. That really sounds like fun!

I painted on Tuesday, Mark was very nervous about me painting. (Probably because I am not the best painter in the world. ) MaryAnn told Jesse once when I was helping him paint, "Tell Mom to keep the paint on the walls!" LOL.
I did a very good job this time. I barely had any paint even on my hands, and never once did I drip any on the floor or windows. I did a good job!
I did put plastic over everything...just in case.

Wednesday night we were both gone.

Thursday I started cleaning the carpets in the morning before work, came home on lunch, and then again in the evening when we got home from the Temple. It took all day on Thursday to clean the carpets...but, they looked great.

Friday morning, we started to hang up the pictures and a saying that MaryAnn bought for us last fall. It makes the walls look so good.
Goofy picture of me...but, this is the saying that MaryAnn gave to us. I love it!!
The new way we decorated the walls and the TV/stand for it to go on.

1 comment:

Kanabites said...

looks good! Can hardly wait to come up and see it in person