Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend in Kanab - May 6 - 8, 2011 The hike...

April & Kacie had been talking with MaryAnn on Facebook and was telling her about their track meets, and would really like to run in a race with her.  MaryAnn was entered in a 10K race in Kanab for Mother's Day weekend.  And asked the girls if they wanted to run in it with her.  So, they asked me if I could take them.  We left on Friday after I went to the HQS (Home Quilting Show), I had already volunteered to work the show for a few hours in the morning. 
Cora and Addie where working on jewlry when we got there, so April & Kacie sat down and started to make some with them.
Kacie & Jake.  Jake told me he was having a hard time telling Kacie & April apart.  I told him by the time we left, he would be able to tell them apart.  Jake is such a good kid.
Addie & April, Grandma (Cindy).  MaryAnn's kids were all so excited to have April & Kacie come and spend the weekend with them.  All of MaryAnn's kids slept on the floor, so their visiters could all have a bed to sleep in.  They are all good kids.
MaryAnn took us all on a hike to the overlook point of Kanab.  It was the first hike I have been on since I broke my leg.  Front:  Jake, Kacie & Addie ,  then MaryAnn, Cora and April. 
Jake, Kacie & April on a rock.  Clay is the blue dot in the background.
My brave Grandchildren.  It looks like they are on a cliff, it is just the trail. 
Mommy (MaryAnn) & Cora headed up the trail.
There is a squirrel out on the point of that rock.  Was glad the kids did not go out after it.
Jake & Clay.  I didn't go up anymore after this.  The trail was getting to steep for me.  I was afraid I wouldn;t be able to get down.  My leg still did not have all its power it needed.  So, MaryAnn took the camera to take more pictures for me.
Addie sortof took off on her own, while they were at the top.  She thought she was heading down the trail, but it was not the same one, she went up on.  MaryAnn called me on my cell to see if had seen her come down.  Then we started calling her name, I could see her pink pants.  And started calling for her.  Then I saw where she was at.  And had her sit down and not move.  It was a drop off.  I didn't think I could safely get her down.  Then her brothers came racing down the mountain to save their sister.  They each went around to find a path to get her down.  Then her mommy got there, and had her slide into her arms. 
Clay, April, Grandma (Cindy), Kacie, Addie, Jake and Cora...on the trail.
The girls headed down...April, Cora and Addie.
Me (Grandma) sliding down this part.  It was a little steep for my leg. 
Addie...can you believe that girl?  She never has to warm up, she just does things like this.  I always dreamed that I could things like this. 

No comments: