Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our new chickens - May 2010

Our chickens were not laying very good...well really not at all. So, we decided to get some new chickens. I have never seen anything so funny! The old chickens hated the new ones....not sure how the new ones felt about the old chickens. LOL
The old ones stayed outside all day, it was even raining. They went into the house when it got dark, but everyone stayed on their side of the house. And the old chickens just cried for about a week. Then they got used to each other.

Here they are out in the run. Thinking what have you done to us???

These are the new chickens. They were about 5 months old when we got them. So, they would start laying eggs pretty soon. We are still waiting for them to lay some eggs...
I only have 1 of the old chickens left. It is Pumkin. And I go out every day to check on her. She just looks old now. When I found Brownie dead, I cried really hard. And Mark was getting her out of the pen, and looked at me and said, "Cindy, you can't name the new chickens."
I won't name them, cuz they all look alike.

No comments: