Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scott rock climbing with a friend - April 2010

I have never been brave enough to watch the boys rock climb...until now. I decided I wanted to watch, so glad that I did. They really do practice safety when they climb.
I met Scott out there, and he walked me into and up the mountain where they were climbing. It was a bit of a challenge to get me over some of the boulders...but, I did it.
Scott told me that if I fell...I couldn't play anymore, so please be careful Mom. LOL
This is what the valley looks like, that we hiked into for the rock that they were climbing on.
Scott on the rock wall. I would be scared to death! You have to have really strong fingers and toes to climb the rock.

I would think that coming down would be kindof fun. They tell the person on the ground that they are coming down, and wait for them to say ok. That person has their life in their hands, he holds the rope tight, so he can desend.
Scott at the top, he has to go over and release the rope from the top of the rock wall they where climbing. That part I didn't like to watch! But, he told me that they have clips in there to clip onto, while you are reaching over to undo your rope. Comforting...
A couple of pictures of flowers that I saw on the mountain that day. I don't get to see a catus in bloom very often.

No comments: