Friday, July 29, 2011

Home improvements...

Ok, so I think that everything is always going to easy and take WAY less time to do, than it really will.  We had a lot of cracked tiles in the kitchen and hallway.  And I have been wanting to get them replaced for a really long time.  And decided one day, I will get them started, and it will only take a couple of hours to do.  What a joke!  It was so hard to get them out.  It took me 3 hours to get 2 tiles out, and they were not out all the way.  I was using a hammer and whatever I could find to dig them out.  Everytime I hit the chisel, I hit my hand.  Not very good with the hammer.   What was I thinking????
Then when Mark got home, we went to Home Depot and purchased an air chisel.  Man what a difference!  It still took hours to do, but, my hand was saved! 
The 2 tiles by the dishwasher...those are the ones that took 3 hours to remove.  Can you imagine?
Now that air chisel was fun to use!  Mark did 99% of the work getting them all out.  I think we removed about 16 tiles all together.  Alot of hard work.  When we get the grout in, it is going to look so good!
Thanks Mark for helping me, and making it look so easy!  I love you!!!  July 7, 2011

No comments: