Sunday, January 16, 2011

A beautiful sunset...November 17, 2010

Mark looked out the window that night and saw this beautiful sunset, and snapped a couple of pictures of it. Glad he did, I had forgotten how beautiful it was.

This is also the day I broke my leg, it was early in the mornig...MaryAnn and I had been over to Mom's working on the house, and were bringing some stuff over to my house. I took the 1st load downstairs. And I thought I was on the last step, and I questioned myself 3 times if I was on the last step...but I still had 1 more step to go. I heard and felt my leg break. And also felt a flash of light go through my head. I knew that it was broken. MaryAnn found me at the bottom of the stairs. I scooted up the stairs on my butt, then she scooped me up and helped me into the front room and brought me an ice pack and called Mark. I thought that I had blown out my knee, that's how it felt. (Scott told me, 'Mom you have not had any sleep and you are so stressed out, that is why it happened.') I love my kids so much!
Mark got home and had called Bro. Bingham to meet him at the house, and they gave me a blessing, that I would not have any pain with this injury. And I have not had any pain. At the hospital, the doctor kept asking if I needed anything, I kept telling him that I was ok. I guess that this kind of break is supposed to be really painful. I am really grateful that I missed that part.
Needless to say, everyone else had to finish cleaning out Mom's house...I just hobbled over there and sat on a chair. Cleaning out Mom's house was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. Knowing that she is gone, and won't ever live in that house again... I am so grateful for all my siblings and my kids that came and helped with the process.

Me and Cora resting on the couch that night.
MaryAnn stayed with us for an extra week to help with the house, then she had to go home and take care of her family.
The Mark took over and has done so much for me. I have said that I will be so spoiled by the time I can walk again. He has done everything for me. Cooked, cleaned, and cleaned, done laundry, made sure all my neads have been met, plus! I love that man!!!

No comments: