Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thanksgiving, November 25, 2010

This year for Thanksgiving was very different. My Mom was not there to have dinner with us, and my leg was broken...so I could not do much. I was still not back to work yet. The day before, I thought, I can at least make the pies. One would think that would be pretty easy. I made 3 pumkin pies (this store bought shells). Getting them in the oven was a little tricky, but I did it. When they were done, I opened up the oven door and the oven door came off in my hand, it threw me off balance, and I landed on the my butt on the floor. And the whole time flying to the floor, I am thinking "protect the leg"! I think that anything on the walls downstairs might have been knocked off, it felt like I bounced on the floor a couple of time. I pulled myself off the floor, called Mark at work and said, "You will have to finish baking the pies, I am done." I turned off the oven and went back into the front room to sit until he got home.
My little gammer. Jeramiah playing the chicken blaster game. He was so funny, he would hand you the remote that reloads the gun, so he would not have to stop to reload.

Sam & Megan playing the silly game on the iPad. The game is call 'Montezuma'. I have finished the game 2 times. Brodie finished it the 1st time for me. Then I finished it the second time. It is a pretty addicting game. The kids all like to play it.

Gwyn is sampling some pie, and it looks like I making the dressing for the turkey. (We smoked the turkey, way good!) And DaNell is making the pies that I didn't finish up the day before. Bless her. They come for Thanksgiving dinner, and they have to cook it, so they can eat. Jesse, DaNell and Mark cooked dinner for us. Very good dinner, Thanks everyone!!!
A tradition that we started several years ago, making gingerbread houses for whatever the kids decide they are going to be. They are made out of graham crackers. They are really creative in designing their houses.

Gwyn, Sam, Megan & Jeramiah. Designing their houses. Jeramiah showing off his house.

Megan showing off hers. Gwyn made 2 of them. They did a great job!
Sam's house. It turned out really good. And Jeramiah playing with the walker. It was funny how much the kids liked to play with the crutches and the walker. I guess if you don't have to use them to walk around with, they are a fun toy. LOL

No comments: